William was born abt 1832 at Gulval, Cornwall, to parents Henry, a smith (1841) and agricultural labourer (1851), and Ann.
Before entering the ministry William was a painter’s apprentice (1851). After leaving the PM ministry William was a minister of the gospel not connected to any denomination at Barnstable.
He married Mary Ann Orchard (1832-1912) in early v1863 in the Liskeard Registration District, Cornwall. Census returns identify five children.
- Eliezer (1865-1896) – a pupil teacher (1881)
- Tryphena (b1867) – a dressmaker (1891)
- Phinehas (1869-1939) – a baker (1891)
- Gersham (1871-1946) – a carpenter & joiner (1891); emigrated to Canada
- John Moseley (1873-1921) – a tea agent (1911)
William died in early 1887 at Barnstable, Devon.
- 1856 Bristol
- 1857 Radstock
- 1859 Chippenham
- 1861 Pembroke
- 1862 Liskeard
- 1863 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers