William was born in 1813 at Hindolveston, Norfolk, to parents William and Ellen. He was baptised on 22 August 1913 at Hindolveston.
In 1861 William was an independent minister in Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire.
He married Elizabeth Cork (b abt1818) on 18 August 1841 at Bradfield, Norfolk. Census returns identify five children.
- Mary Elizabeth (b abt1844)
- Maria Elizabeth (abt1846-1923) – married Joseph Joshua Culling, a coastguard seaman (1891), in 1875
- Evangeline Eliza Elizabeth (1852-1864)
- Robert William (1855-1938) – a shoe warehouseman (1881); wholesale grocer warehouseman
- Walter William (1859-1884) – a shoe warehouseman (1881)
William died in the spring of 1965 in the Wisbech Registration District, Cambridgeshire.
- 1837 Norwich
- 1840 Wisbech
- 1842 Ramsey
- 1843 Yarmouth
- 1845 Rockland
- 1846 Eye
- 1847 Peterborough
- 1849 Ramsey
- 1850 Brandon
- 1852 Norwich II
- 1854 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: Many records, especially in later life are under the surname Wood.