Robert was born abt1814 at Hoyland, Yorkshire, to parents James, a sail maker (1841), and Elizabeth. He was baptised on 27 February 1814 at Hoyland.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Robert.
- 1841 sailmaker
- 1851 grocer & draper
- 1861 sailmaker shop keeper & PM local preacher
- 1871 town missionary at Barnsley
- 1881 town missionary at Barnsley
- 1891 town missionary at Barnsley
He married Caroline (1821-1868) in the summer of 1846 at Leeds, Yorkshire. Census returns identify five children.
- Joseph Walker (1847-1854)
- Sarah Jane (b1849)
- Robert (1851-1929) – a registrar of births, marriages & deaths and lay preacher (1891)
- Elizabeth Wigfield (1853-1922) – married James Plant, a coal miner (1881), in 1874
- Caroline Walker (b1856) – married John Owram, a pork butcher (1891), in 1875; emigrated to USA in 1892
He married Lydia Taylor (1819-1891) on 29 November 1870 at Silkstone, Yorkshire.
Robert died on 8 July 1891 at Barnsley, Yorkshire.
- 1842 Huddersfield
- 1843 Isle of Man
- 1844 Haslington
- 1845 Manchester
- 1846 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers