Ilford; Primitive Methodist Chapels

now part of London Borough of Redbridge

Site of the former Meads Lane Primitive Methodist chapel in the London Borough of Redbridge
Martin Fairhurst

In the Upton Park circuit, there were two Primitive Methodist Chapels. One in Connaught Road, Ilford, and another in Mead’s Lane, Seven Kings.

Click on the link below to find out more.

Downloads

Comments about this page

  • The 1901 Primitive Methodist magazine (November page 876) contains a note about an initiative of Rev Richard Blair to obtain a site at Seven Kings “for half its value in the market”.

    Was that the site for the Meads Lane chapel which opened in 1904 and closed in 1934

    By Christopher Hill (22/01/2022)
  • The closure of the Meads Lane chapel was a part of a planned act of Church planting in Oaks Lane, Newbury Park – it amalgamated with the Wesleyan Chapel from Perryman’s Farm Road. Newbury Park Methodist Church in Oaks Lane, was the first built after Methodist Union and was known as The Church of the Model Deed.

    By David Miller (02/09/2015)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.