Baldwin Gate Primitive Methodist chapel
Newcastle Road Baldwins Gate ST5 5DA
Baldwin Gate Primitive Methodist chapel in the Market Drayton branch was opened on October 18th 1859. Preachers at the services and tea meeting included J Timmins who described the events in the Primitive Methodist magazine, Rev G Middleton, T Bennett and T Bateman (Chorley).
The new chapel measured 33′ x 23′ and was 3 yards back from the road. It was built of brick, and boasted a gallery and fancy tiles. The society expected to carry not more than £100 debt.
The society was also thinking about a schoolroom; land and donations had been promised.
The chapel is still in use today.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1859 page 743