Churchtown Primitive Methodist chapel
Churchtown Primitive Methodist chapel in the Preston circuit dates from around 1833. However as the society, congregations and Sunday school grew, expansion was needed. The chapel was re-opened on September 11th 1853; Rev J Garner and William Rowe preached. At that time the society had 70 members and the Sunday school 250 scholars.
Where was this chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1853 p.687; account by William Rowe