The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a “very substantial and commodious” Primitive Methodist chapel at Churchtown in the Southport station.
It held 600 people and cost £2,000, of which they had raised £1,400.
The 1911 and earlier Ordnance Survey maps show a Primitive Methodist chapel on Marshside Road. Street View in 2018 shows a large Methodist church building on the site. Is that the 1879 chapel? But things are happening here – Crossens Methodist Church, a small but active society, has made the courageous decision to close its building in September 2019 and join with Marshside Road to form a new society – Cornerstone Methodist Church.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 571-572