There were 71 Primitive Methodist Chapels in the Bradford District, seating 23,067 people; 116 in the Doncaster and Barnsley District, seating 26,912; 38 in the Halifax and Huddersfield District, seating 10,650; 133 in the Hull District, seating 32,841; 89 in the Leeds District, seating 27,953; 127 in the Sheffield District, seating 29,424; and 83 in the York and Whitby District, seating 16,673. (Statistical Returns, 1940)
East Yorkshire: we know of at least 179 East Yorkshire Primitive Methodist chapels - for full details click here. Photos and further information appreciated!
West Yorkshire: can anyone provide any information and/or photos for the following chapels? Ossett (Queen Street Zion, galleried chapel closed 1959, now flats), Ossett (Dewsbury Road closed about 1985, now retail?), South Ossett Trinity, (galleried chapel demolished in the late 60's), Gawthorpe (closed very early 60's, now demolished?), Thornhill Combs (closed 1980, now a bungalow), Thornhill Edge (demolished), Grange Moor (had a serious fire and restored for residential?), Flockton (now residential - Wesleyan or Prim?), Overton (now residential), Middlestown (closed c2004, demolished for housing?), Netherton (now residential?), Horbury (Ebenezer, galleried, demolished late 50's).