Blandford Forum Albert Street Primitive Methodist
Albert Street BLANDFORD FORUM DT11 7HY
Blandford Forum Albert Street Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1877 in the new suburb east of the railway station. The chapel seated 300; a Sunday school was added in 1894. That is recorded in the 1894 Primitive Methodist magazine – with the approving comment that, unusually, the mayor and mayoress attended the stone laying. Half the cost had been raised.
By the time of Keith Guyler’s picture it was in use by Blandford Evangelical church. On Google Street View in April 2009 and on the Evangelical Church’s website, it is still in that use.
It is not clear when the Methodists moved out.
Christian Messenger 1919/200
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 700
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1894 page 155