Gayton Thorpe Primitive Methodist chapel
Gayton Thorpe Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1902. It accommodated 50 people.
Norfolk Records Office has chapel records up until 1974. At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1987 he describes it as derelict.
On the 1946 one inch Ordnance Survey map the chapel is clearly located just inside a patch of woodland on the minor road to the north of the village. On Google Street View in 2009 and on Google Earth it is not possible to see it. It is likely to be now so overgrown it is not visible from the road.
Is the building still there?