Sandgate Head PM Chapel was built by the Wesleyans in 1815 (CASC DFCM/1/2/81) . When they moved to their new chapel in Wordsworth Street in 1873 it passed to the Primitive Methodists. It was closed in 1967 (CASC DFCM/14/13). After standing empty for several years it is now (November 2014) being converted for residential use.
CASC = Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle