Lazonby, Scaur Lane chapel was built in 1847. In 1851 it had 50 free and 50 other sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 156 sittings on pews. There was a schoolroom and one other room. It was closed soon afterwards and the building was sold in 1946. It is now in residential use.
The National Archives HO129/565/3/10
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980.
Site visit 24.02.2018