The Chapel was built in 1850 at a cost of £437.17½. There were 488 lettable and 122 free sittings. By 1871 a further £283.0.10½ had been spent on extensions and improvements. The chapel was closed in 1940 when the congregation moved to Lowther Street. The site is now vacant land used in association with adjacent dwellings.
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven DCM2/384
JH Tonkin, Lowther Street Methodist Church, Whitehaven, Cumbria, Centenary Brochure, 1877 – 1977
Site visit 24.05.2016