Breaden Heath PM Chapel Shropshire.

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Breaden Heath PM Chapel Shropshire.' page

Breaden Heath Chapel was built and opened in 1832. It was closed in the 1980's

After the chapel closed it was sold with the attached cottage to a local funeral director. The chapel was tastefully converted into a chapel of rest and the cottage into a workshop. They are still being used in 2012.

OS Map ref:126: SJ447364

Photo taken May 2012

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 19/08/2012.
Comments about this page

The Primitive Methodist Magazine for 1832 (page 434) contains an account by T Morgan of the opening of the chapel on 10th June 1832. The opening service was taken by Brothers J Brittain and T Bateman.

"Mr Lewis, Mr Cook, Mr Downward, Mr Groom and the whole neighbourhood have been very kind"

By Christopher Hill
On 30/08/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.