The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Lytchett Matravers to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by John Beaumont, a “lay minister”. It tells us that the chapel held 80 worshippers and was full for the evening service. There was also a Sunday school.
The 1887 and 1923 Ordnance Survey maps show a Primitive Methodist chapel on what is now Lime Kiln Road, opposite the junction with Castle Farm Road. There is modern housing on the site on Google Street View.