The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Rew to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by William Chaffey and George Riall, a prayer leader. The society had been meeting in the same accommodation for 4 years. It had 70 free seats and was usually full for services, although on Census Sunday 20 attended the morning service, 50 the afternoon and 60 the evening because it was wet weather .
It did not have a Sunday School.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel some way from the hamlet of Rew and the village of Buckland Newton. Street View in 2016 shows it as Chapel Stores.