East Butterwick Bourne Primitive Methodist chapel
High Street East Butterwick
Bourne Primitive Methodist chapel in East Butterwick dates from 1830 and was rebuilt on the same site in 1870.
The chapel closed in 1969 due to structural problems and the society amalgamated with the Anglicans. The building was sold in 1973 and at the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1996 he described it as derelict.
On Google Street View in 2008 it has lost its roof and the windows have been bricked up.
In September 2014 it was offered for sale at £35,000 with planning permission to convert into a three bedroomed detached dwelling.