Kirton Skeldyke Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1908 Kirton Skeldyke Primitive Methodist chapel

1908 Kirton Skeldyke Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

location of Kirton Skeldyke Primitive Methodist chapel

Marsh Road, Skeldyke, Kirton PE20 1LY

By Christopher Hill

The first Kirton Skeldyke Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1842. After closure it was demolished.

The replacement chapel dates from 1908 and it served until 1956. It was sold in 1958 and was then used as a store. At the time of Keith Guyler's photograph it was being converted into a house - The Old Chapel.

location of the 1842 chapel: TF 338370

location of the 1908 chapel: TF 332374

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 07/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. MLI91917: Photographs of this Chapel. On one when enlarged the word Primitive can just be seen but hard to make out other words. The inscription is on the arch of the large middle window. There is a mention that the main Chapel is adjacent to annexes, presumably the building on the right.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 18/12/2017

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref/ Meth/C/Kirton Skeldyke/C/4/1: Fire Insurance Policy 1888, also /C/4/2 for year 1991, /C/4/3 year 1908.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton Skeldyke/C/4/4: Sunday School Insurance Policy 1920.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton Skedyke/D/4/1: 3 copies of Renewal of Trust, 1890. 

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton Skeldyke: a Certificate of Registration for Solemnization  of Marriages 1910 (3 tiems).

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton Skeldyke/D/2: Certificate of Registration of Place of Worship, 1908.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton Skeldyke/D/1: Deeds and Title to Property, also Meth/B/Boston P/1/1: 1860s-1894.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton Skeldyke/C/2: Accounts, also Meth/B/Boston P/3/1: 1896-1903.

Boston PM Circuit 1842-1932.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 20/03/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.