Irby on Humber, Hill Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
if they could not build where they would, they would build where they could
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has he following records relating to this chapel.
Ref. Meth/C/Irby on Humber, Hill/C: Trust & Committees.
Ref. Meth/C/Irby on Humber, Hill/A: Registration of Membership.
Ref. Meth/C/Irby on Humber, Hill/H: Sunday School.
Ref. Meth/C/Irby on Humber, Hill/H/3/1: Primitive Methodist Sunday School Teachers Meetings, 1925-1932/3.
The PM Chapel was built in 1861, was scheduled to close in 1932, and finally closed in1933.
The chapel was part of the Grimsby PM Circuit 1861-1869 and the Grimsby Second PM Circuit from1869 to 1932, closure finalised 1933.
The Government O.S. Map, 6″ inch scale, 1887, Irby upon Humber identifies the location of the chapel.
On the top right near Hog Pit Hill the PM Chapel is cited, yet on the edge of Irby upon Humber parish boundary. The Wesleyan Chapel is also cited, near the village centre.