Keadby Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Keadby Primitive Methodist Chapel.

The Trentside village of Keadby is now part of the Epworth and Scunthorpe Methodist circuit, and a Primitive chapel was built in 1836, and rebuilt in 1850. This was replaced by the Ebenezer chapel in Chapel lane opening in 1876. It closed for services in 1981, and was then demolished by the purchaser. A Methodist society continues to worship in other premises.

Comments about this page

  • East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley.

    Ref. DDT/559: Surrender dated 23rd June 1846 and admission relating to property in Keadby. 

    Parties: 1) John Brooks, Keadby, yeoman 2) William Glew the elder, Keadby, farmer, Jonathan Bean the younger, Keadby, farmer, George Glew, Keadby, farmer, John Smith, Keadby, carpenter, William Dook, Keadby, farmer, Joseph Stephenson, Keadby, farmer, John Ridgway, Keadby, butcher, John Hird, Keadby, grocer, William Leggott, Keadby, blacksmith, William Glew the younger, Keadby, blacksmith, trustees of the Keadby Primitive Methodist Connexion Property: 63 square yards part of a croft or close of John Brooks adjoining his dwellinghouse at Keadby to be the site of a chapel or meeting house and school Consideration: £4

    Ref. DDTR/619: There is a similar consideration for 8th June in 1876. 

    Parties: 1) William Glew the elder, Jonathan Bean the elder, John Smith, William Dook, John Ridgway, John Hird, William Leggott, trustees of the Keadby Primitive Methodist Chapel 2) James Brooks, Keadby, farmer Property: 63 square yards and 35 square yards on the north side of Common Lane at Keadby with the chapel, meeting or schoolhouse and premises erected thereon Consideration: £60

    By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella) (03/06/2018)
  • Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

    Ref. Meth/C/Keadby, Chapel Lane/D/1/1: Deed of Enfranchisement of Copyhold Land, 17th Dec., 1875. There is a mention of where a Chapel or place of religious worship and Sunday School is for use of members of the Primitive Methodist Connexion.

    By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella) (16/12/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.