Ingoldmells Primitive Methodist Chapel, LIncolnshire
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:
The first chapel was built on Skegness Road at the end of 1836 and was replaced on the same site by a new chapel in 1908. This was demolished in 1953 and replaced by the chapel on Sea Lane, built as a Methodist Chapel with large cross on the front, which closed in 2009.
John Coulson preached at the 1836 opening and he wrote about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Ingodmells was one of a series of chapels opened in the Louth circuit as a result of the missioning of the district by John Stamp from Hull. The chapel measured 22′(w) x 30′(l) and although the society initially met with much opposition it became “comfortably settled”.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Louth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1836-1847
- Alford Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847-1916
- Skegness Primitive Methodist Circuit 1916-1933
- Skegness and Wainfleet Methodist Circuit 1933- 1997
- Alford, Skegness and Wainfleet Circuit 1997- 2009
Ref. Meth/C/Ingoldmells/D/1/2: Receipt for Deeds.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1837 page 437