Keelby Primitive Methodist chapel
Riby Road, Keelby
In the Primitive Methodist magazine of March 1851, William Lonsdale gives an account of the opening of Keelby Primitive Methodist chapel, although without mentioning an actual date.
The first chapel in the village dates from 1836 but was replaced by the new one which was built by Mr Tyas, timber merchant of Grimsby.. It had a gallery which seated 146 with a further 120 downstairs. The Vestry held 100. At opening, the debt was £255, borrowed at 4%. It was regarded as “The best country chapel they had ever seen” and on the basis of their improved accommodation, they planned to start a Sunday School.
Primitive Methodist magazine of March 1851 pp 175-176