Mansell Lacy Ebenezer Chapel Primitive Methodist
To the East of Mansell Lacy on a No Through Road, Mansell Lacy Civil Parish, Herefordshire
Location GR – SO 4300 4567
The Chapel lay on a lane to Street Farm on the Eastern side of Mansell Lacy. No details of its construction date or closure date have yet been found. The present owner of Chapel House thought it had been demolished in the late 1940’s, yet it is marked on a 1964 OS map as below.
Herefordshire Through Time web site states :- A Primitive Methodist Ebenezer Chapel that is marked on the 1891 OS map but not on current OS maps.
No Kelly’s Directory entries found.
Click on the link to History on Line to view a map dated 1891.
On the 1887 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Ebenezer Chapel (Prim. Meth.)
On the 1904 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Ebenezer Chapel (Prim. Meth.)
On the 1964 OS Herefordshire 1:10,560 map the building is marked as Ebenezer Chapel
On the 1972 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the site is marked as Chapel House.
The above maps may be viewed at Old Maps
Methodist Church , Statistical Returns, 1940 –
Birmingham District – not recorded