Hinckley Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Hinkley Primitive Methodist chapel

Hinkley Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 2000

Photo:Hinckley Primitive Methodist chapel

Hinckley Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1927; Englesea Brook Museum

former Hinckley Primitive Methodist chapel

Albert Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 1PL

By Christopher Hill

Primitive Methodists adopted an existing chapel in 1841.  This first building was demolished in 1958.  The next chapel was also second hand; in 1854 they bought from the Strict Baptists  for £280 Ebenezer chapel which had been built in 1802.  In due course it became a store and has since been demolished.

The chapel in Albert Road which is the current Hinckley Methodist church was opened by the Prims in 1884.  A manse was added in 1888 and Sunday school in  1893, with further development in  1928.

There is further information on the Buildings of Hinckley website


 

Reference

Buildings of Hinckley website accessed 6th February 2015

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 06/02/2015.
Comments about this page
By Hinckley Past & Present
On 21/09/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.