Huncote Primitive Methodist chapels

Cheney End LE9 3AD and Forest Road LE9 3BH

Primitive Methodists built a chapel in Cheney End, Huncote in 1874. Thirty-three years later  in 1907, to coincide with the Primitive Methodist Centenary, they built a new church in Forest Road. The new church which cost £1050 was designed to seat 220.

In 2016, the original chapel is used as a store.  It is the registered office of Veloce Spares Ltd, set up by Velocette Owners Club to supply its members with parts to keep their classic motorcycles operational.  The date stone retains the date 1874, but the rest of the writing – probably the phrase Primitive Methodist – has been obscured.

The Forest Road church is still in use.

First Huncote Primitive Mthodist chapel
Christopher Hill 2016
side elevation of first Huncote Primitive Methodist chapel
Christopher Hill 2016
Huncote 1907 Primitive Methodist chapel front
Christopher Hill January 2018
Huncote 1907 Primitive Methodist chapel datestone
Christopher Hill January 2018
Huncote 1907 Primitive Methodist chapel datestone
Christopher Hill January 2018

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone