The story of the PM cause in Kegworth was told in unflinching terms in 1911
“Kegworth occupies the lowest place on our plan. It first appeared thereon in the middle of the year 1851, and disappeared in 1863, and is not in evidence again until 1899. The authorities of the Nottingham District devoted part of their balance of the Jubilee Fund to assist in the erection of a school-chapel. Whether sentiment or sound judgment then prevailed remains to be proved. Kegworth has a population of just over two thousand. The Wesleyans, United Methodists, and the Baptists have each a large chapel, and the latter a resident minister. Besides these the Anglicans provide a fair share of worshipping accommodation. The existing chapel is our first in Kegworth, and a very inviting one it is, and it is well situated. … Our Society is small, and we have no Sunday school. A debt of £175 remains on the property, and this, with current expenses taxes the resources of the little band of workers severely. But they face the situation bravely. Mr. E.W. Harrison is at his post in all weathers, and the near future may hold in its lap some great gift for this young church.”
Contrary to the narrative above, Kegworth appears on the 1822-1823 Loughborough Circuit plan, and a Lovefeast was held there on January 5th 1823. Although a society reappeared in 1851, they did not meet, or report on their meeting, on 31st March.
The chapel in Nottingham Road does not appear on any Ordnance Survey map, so all that can be said is that it was in one of the buildings shown in the photograph. Mr E.W. Harrison was not only the Steward, but he was also one of the Circuit’s Local Preachers. Unfortunately for us, although the 1911 article is illustrated by photographs of many of the leaders of the Circuit, Mr Harrison was not photographed.
Christian Messenger 1911, p 92 see