Lazonby, Scaur Lane PM Chapel, Cumberland

Grid Ref NY547394

Lazonby, Scaur Lane chapel was built in 1847. In 1851 it had 50 free and 50 other sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 156 sittings on pews. There was a schoolroom and one other room. It was closed soon afterwards and the building was sold in 1946. It is now in residential use.

Sources

The National Archives HO129/565/3/10

Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980.

Site visit 24.02.2018

Lazonby PM Chapel, generral view from east, 24.02.2018
G W Oxley
Lazonby PM Chapel, front gable, 24.02.2018
G W Oxley
Lazonby PM Chapel, date plaque, 24.02.2018
G W Oxley
Lazonby PM Chapel, tower, 24.02.2018
G W Oxley

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone