Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel

Newton Marsh Lane Tetney DN36 5UW

Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1995
Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1995

Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1864. It served until the 1950s and by the time of Keith Guler’s photograph it had become a house – Chapel House.

location: TA 342 023

Comments about this page

  • Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln holds the following records.

    Ref. Meth/C/Tetney Lock/C: Trust & Committees.

    Ref. Meth/C/Tetney Lock/D: Trustees, Chapel Registration & Deeds.

    Meth/C/Tetney Lock/D/4: Registration of Place of Worship.

    The Lincs to the Past website identifies that 

    The chapel was built in 1865 and closed in 1954.  

    The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

    • Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1864-1868
    • Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit 1868-1933
    • Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
    • Cleethorpes Mill Road Methodist Circuit 1937-1954

    Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella).

     

    By Raymond E.O.Ella (27/11/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone