Tetney Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
In the village of Tetney the first Primitive Methodist chapel was built on The Green in 1835; it was relaced by the North End chapel in 1856 which closed in 1961.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1835-1868
Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit 1868-1933
Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
Cleethorpes Mill Road Methodist Circuit 1937-1960
Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1960-1961
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln, holds the following records:
Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/A, Primitive Methodist: Register and Members.
Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/C: Trust & Committees.
Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/D: Society & Leaders.
Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/E: Chapel & Sunday School: building, repairs & alterations, closure and sale.
There was also a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Tetney and a further Primitive Methodist Chapel at nearby Tetney Lock.