Thexby Primitive Methodist chapel in the Gainsborough branch opened on October 8th 1848. It cost £93 of which they would have raised on e third. It was the only place of worship in the village.
\opening preachers included Mr Campbell (Scotter) and Mr Hollingworth (Kirton). Trays for the necessary tea meeting were supplied by Mesdames Duke, Lidget, Stanland, Barker, Robinson and Pindar. Local farmers carted materials for free and major donations came from Messrs Duke, Stanland, Turner, Johnson and Mrs Sheard of Kirton.
The Primitive Methodist magazine account was written by Thomas Hill
Primitive Methodist magazine 1848 pages 753