Theddlethorpe St Helen Primitive Methodist chapel
Saltfleet Road, Theddlethorpe, Mablethorpe LN12 1NS
The first Theddlethorpe St Helen Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1835. It stood on an exposed sea bank and was difficult for people to access, but in time it became too small for the society and a replacement chapel was opened in 1852 with a Sunday school added in 1888. The first chapel became a doctor’s surgery
The new chapel measured 28′ square and 15′ high to the wall plate.
The Primitive Methodist magazine for August 1852 contains an account by Hugh Campbell of the opening of the chapel on 23rd May 1852 with sermons from J North of Grimsby and W. Briggs of Hogthorpe. A successful tea meeting was held the following day.
The last service was held in the chapel at Christmas 2003 and it was then converted into a private house.
location of the 1835 chapel: 478889
Primitive Methodist magazine August 1852 498-499