Silverdale Primitive Methodist chapel
schoolroom foundation stone lying
There is an account in the 1859 Primitive Methodist magazine of the laying of the foundation stone of Silverdale Primitive Methodist chapel. The ceremony took place on May 9th 1859.
The stone of the schoolroom was laid by Mrs Bostock of Silverdale Farm using a trowel and mallet given by Mr BW Baggeley. There was a tea meeting. Speakers on the day included Charles Smallman, who reported the happening in the Primitive Methodist magazine, W Sanderson, Mr Bramall and Mr Challinor.
Primitive Methodist magazine August 1859 pages 504-505