Springhill chapel, near Lichfield, Staffs

Springhill chapel, near Lichfield, Staffs

Springhill chapel lies by the busy A461 road, one mile south of the junction with the A5 at Muckley Corner, near  Lichfield.The Chapel has maintained a continuous and active presence since it  first opened in 1844 as  part of the Methodist New Connexion. It was transferred into the Primitive Methodist Connexion in 1854,  from the Lichfield Circuit to the Brownhills Circuit in 1934 and into the Brownhills and Pelsall Circuit in 1953. Title deeds for the building were obtained for the building in 1958, having first been sought in 1884. Renovation work to parts of the  building were completed in 1949, but the character of the original  chapel have been maintained to this day, with the addition of a large white cross on the front wall, and a new notice board. We now have a large poster on our notice-board:- “Enjoy life to the full with Jesus” chosen mainly because this poster has the largest letters on it and should be clearly visible to the passing traffic

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone