Watton Primitive Methodist chapels

Photo:the 1868/1897 Primitive Methodist chapel in Watton

the 1868/1897 Primitive Methodist chapel in Watton

Keith Guyler 1988

Photo:The 1927 Primitive Methodist chapel in Watton

The 1927 Primitive Methodist chapel in Watton

Keith Guyler 1988

High Street Watton IP25 6AB

By Christopher Hill

Watton had two Primitive Methodist chapels which stand next to each other. The first was opened in 1868 and enlarged in 1897.  By the time of Ketih Guyler's photograph in 1988 it had become an Anglican/Mehodist Community Centre.  It continues in that use.

The second chapel dates from 1927.  It is still in use in 2015 and has grown in numbers in recent years as retired people have moved into the district.

location of the chapels: 914007

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 29/08/2015.
Comments about this page

'Watton through the Ages' by George Jessop provides some additional historical notes about this chapel.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 21/04/2016

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.