Hagworthingham (Hagwarthingham) Primitive Methodist chapel
High St, Hagworthingham PE23 4NA
Hagwarthingham (sic) Primitive Methodist chapel in the Lincoln circuit was opened on May 1st, 1836. The preacher at the opening was John Garner and he wrote about the occasion in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The chapel is described as “small but commodious”.
There is a description of the Sunday School Anniversary on the parish website – click here. Margaret Walters talks about the services and going round the village on decorated horse and cart, complete with harmonium played by Granny Ellis. This was followed by tea and games in the field outside.
The chapel closed around 1958 and has been demolished
Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 page 427