Newcastle under Lyme Penkhull Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was built in 1836
We think that the first Primitive Methodist Chapel in Penkhull was built in 1815 and then rebuilt in 1836 .It was a small red brick building but now it has a painted plastered front. It is situated on Newcastle Lane at the corner with St. Thomas’ Place. The school adjoining it was erected in 1878.
The building, the extensions and the renovation are all commemorated on a plaque on the outside wall of the chapel. This building is now part of the Penkhull Heritage Trail.
The chapel closed for Methodist worship in 1996 and is now used for worship by Penkhull Christian Fellowship
Photos taken December 2015
OS Map Ref:118:SJ869449