The 1894 Primitive Methodist magazine records that, after trying repeatedly to establish a chapel in Todmorden, a site had been arranged for a new school-chapel. The foundation stones had been laid.
Where was this chapel and what happened to it? How does it relate to the societies at Knowlwood and Castle Side?
The 1867 Registration of chapels records a Primitive Methodist society at Todmorden, Sobriety Hall
Primitive Methodist magazine 1894 November 876