Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Chapel, Barras, Stainmore, Westmorland (now Cumbria)

Photo:1st Chapel, built 1832

1st Chapel, built 1832

postcard belonging to Steven Wild

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Chapel, Barras, Stainmore, Westmorland (now Cumbria)' page

postcard belonging to Steven Wild

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Chapel, Barras, Stainmore, Westmorland (now Cumbria)' page

postcard belonging to Steven Wild

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Chapel, Barras, Stainmore, Westmorland (now Cumbria)' page

postcard belonging to Steven Wild

Photo:Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church - Old and New

Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church - Old and New

E-R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church

Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church

E-R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church

Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church

E-R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church Date plaque

Mouthlock Primitive Methodist Church Date plaque

E-R Pearce October 2016

Two chapels

By Jill Barber

The first Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1831, and still stands today. It was originally three small cottages with a chapel upstairs.

In 1909, a larger chapel was built just a short distance away. In recent years it became a residential Christian centre, but was sold in 2013.

OS Map Ref:91:NY837121

 

This page was added by Jill Barber on 14/07/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.