Gateshead Durham Road Primitive Methodist Church

Co. Durham

Laying the foundation stones of the Durham Road PM Church, Gateshead, c1893
Bede Circuit Archive Collections
Durham Road, Gateshead with the PM Church on the right (c1910)
Bede Circuit Archive Collections
Durham Road PM Church, Gateshead c1908
Bede Circuit Archive Collections
The completed suite of buildings at Durham Road PM Church, Gateshead 1907
Bede Circuit Archive Collections
Gateshead Durham Road Primitive Methodist chapel
Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1924; Englesea Brook Museum

Comments about this page

  • The April 1887 (page 253) Primitive Methodist magazine contains an account of the opening of a new lecture hall and schoolroom on Durham Road, Gateshead, a rising part of the borough. It was part of a bigger plan with “an excellent site” left for a chapel “when the time comes”.

    The hall measured 60′ x 40′, the schoolroom 45′ x 20′ and there were seven or eight classrooms ranged around it

    By Christopher Hill (21/08/2020)
  • The architect around 1903 was TE Davidson

    By Colin Dews (28/02/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *