The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the foundation stones for new Primitive Methodist schools in the Gateshead station in a “rising part of the borough” . We are told that they have acquired enough land to build a chapel which they will start when they can afford it. We are also told it will be the Prims “third interest in the rapidly rising town”. Which are the other two?
Where was this schoolroom? The date is consistent with Low Fell chapel – except that we are told in the 1881 magazine that they hoped to build schools there in due course.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 122