Alston Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Terrace ALSTON CA9 3SW
The opening of Alstone (sic) Primitive Methodist chapel was reported in the Primitive Methodist magazine by William Summersides. It was opened on Sunday May 8th 1825 when the preachers in addition to Mr Summersides were Brother William Garner and Brother Jersey.
The chapel was then part of the Westgate branch of the Hull circuit.
On the 1859-61 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map, a Primitive Methodist chapel is shown at the junction of Jollybeard Lane and what is now Chapel Terrace on the A689. Is this the 1826 chapel? It is still there in 1899. Has it been integrated into one of the cottages currently on the site?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1827 page 201