The 1897 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us:
“A very eligible site for a new church has been secured in the centre of the town and in one of the best thoroughfares. For many years our cause here has been under a clouf through successive misfortunes but now we are glad to sy that all is bright with promise. That our friend, WP Hartley Esq., has put his influence into this venture may be accepted as an augury of success.”
Plans for the Wigan circuit in 1925 such as this one show the head of the circuit was in Station Road Wigan. Was that this church?
One slight problem: Google maps does not find a Station Road in Wigan.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1897 page 234