Obley Primitive Methodist Chapel, Shropshire
Obley Primitive Methodist Chapel was built and opened in the year 1880. It is still situated at a staggered crossroads in a very isolated and rural area. The chapel was small and basic with seating on forms for 80 persons. There is a little decorative embellishment around the windows and it has a pleasing Chapel plaque. The Chapel was used for worship until the 1970s when it was closed and sold. It was at sometime converted into residential use. When visited in 2020, the building was being used as ‘holiday lets’.
Photos taken August 2020 by E. & R. Pearce.
More information about this chapel can be viewed by following the link to Shropshire’s Nonconformist Chapels.