Yorton Heath PM Chapel Shropshire
This chapel was erected in 1859. Closed 1958.
Yorton Heath PM Chapel is now a house.
Photos taken May 2012.
OS Map ref:126:SJ504223
In the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1859, William Wood tells us that Yorton Heath Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on May 1st 1859. Speakers at the opening included Messrs Taylor (Wem) and Bennett (Shrewsbury). Celebrations included a tea meeting.
The new chapel boasted a boarded floor and had cost £95, of which they had raised £50.
Primitive Methodist magazine Aug 1859 page 500