Abersychan (aberyschan) Primitive Methodist chapel
The Primitive Methodist magazine contains an account by J Hibbs of the opening of Abersychan Primitive Methodist chapel in the Blaenavon circuit.
James Hunt Esq gave as much land as they wanted and the stone to build it. The new chapel measured 24′(w) x 30′(l) x 17′(h).
Opening services took place on 21/07/1833 and the preachers were J Grieve and Rev S Price (Baptist).
There’s a picture of the Aberyschan chapel in the 1904 Christian Messenger, although a couple of letters in the name have been reversed. At that point it was in the Pontypool circuit.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1834 page 38