Lower Wych PM Chapel, Cheshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lower Wych PM Chapel, Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lower Wych PM Chapel, Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lower Wych PM Chapel, Cheshire' page

The Chapel was built in 1923 and was closed on Easter Day Sunday 31st March 1991

The final service in the chapel was conducted by the Rev. Hiscock.

The chapel has been tastefully converted into a domestic dwelling.

Photos taken July 2012

OS Map ref: 117:SJ448446

 

Note added 09/17 by CH

The opening of an earlier Lower Wych Primitive Methodist chapel took place on October 11th 1840. The Primitive Methodist magazine (October 1841 pages 364-365) contains an account by R Ward transcribed in the attached file.

The 1840 chapel, which measured 8 yards x 5 yards x 11' high, was brick built and cost £80.  

 

Downloads

Opening of Lower Wych chapel
Opening of Lower Wych chapel (86k)
Primitive Methodist magazine 1841 p 364-5 transcribed by David Tonks

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 30/07/2012.
Comments about this page

Hi there. We are currently living in the Chapel and are hoping to find anyone who has pictures especially of the interior.

Thanks

Tim

By Tim Bowden
On 29/08/2018