Lower Wych PM Chapel, Cheshire
The Chapel was built in 1923 and was closed on Easter Day Sunday 31st March 1991
The final service in the chapel was conducted by the Rev. Hiscock.
The chapel has been tastefully converted into a domestic dwelling.
Photos taken July 2012
OS Map ref: 117:SJ448446
Note added 09/17 by CH
The opening of an earlier Lower Wych Primitive Methodist chapel took place on October 11th 1840. The Primitive Methodist magazine (October 1841 pages 364-365) contains an account by R Ward transcribed in the attached file.
The 1840 chapel, which measured 8 yards x 5 yards x 11′ high, was brick built and cost £80.