Audlem PM Chapel Cheshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Audlem PM Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Audlem PM Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Audlem PM Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Audlem PM Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Audlem PM Chapel Cheshire' page

Two chapels have stood on this site. The first opened in 1848 and the second larger chapel was erected in1871

The 1871 P M Chapel in Cheshire Street was open for worship until the mid 1930s when by local agreement the two Methodist societies of Audlem, Primitive & Wesleyan, joined together. They worshipped in the Wesleyan chapel in Shropshire Street. In 2013 the P M Chapel is used by the local Scout group and the community of Audlem. Interestingly on the side of the brick building by  the pavement is a plaque with the date of 1846. What did it commemorate?

 

Photos taken June 2013

 

OS map ref: 118:SJ659437

 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 13/10/2013.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.