Dinton Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Dinton Primitive Methodist chapel

Dinton Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1992

location of former Dinton Primitive Methodist chapel

Hindon Rd Salisbury, Wiltshire SP3 5EG

By Christopher Hill

Dinton is a village west of Salisbury.  In 1864, a group of Primitive Methodists who were influential in Teffont Magna, held meetings in the summer on Sundays outside Dinton Church, thereby interrupting the service.
Dinton Primitive Methodist Chapel was constructed in 1895 and flourished for some decades but was closed and sold in 1988. 

In Google Street View in 2011 it was awaiting development.  In 2013 it was available to rent as a 2 bedroomed house, at £795 per month.  It was sold in January 2014 for £246,500.

The Wiltshire online parish clerk website has some interesting articles from local papers.


Reference:

Wiltshire online parish clerk website accessed August 7th 2015

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 06/08/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.