Grimsby Flottergate Primitive Methodist Church
Flottergate Primitive Methodist Church opened on 23 May 1880, and closed on 15 November 1970. It has since been demolished. Described by William Leary as ‘the crowning glory of the Primitive Methodists’.
The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Flottergate in the Grimsby First station. The new chapel would accommodate 1,000 people with a school room for 500, an infant schoolroom and 10 classrooms.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 637